TIMELINE AND OVERVIEW OF OUR OLDSCHOOL RETRO PROJECTS:
(Some more details you can find at the bottom of this page – scroll down slowly)
- December 2020 – New addition to our retro investment portfolio:
We add original Atari 7800 game cartridges to our collection, Choplifter!, Motor Psycho, Mario Bros., Impossible Mission and Super Huey UH-IX!
- November 2020 – New addition to our retro investment portfolio:
We add more than 70 original Atari 2600 game cartridges to our collection, E.T., Summer Games, Winter Games, Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Pitfall!, Jr. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Skate Boardin’, Super Football (still boxed), Stargate, Dig Dug, … and more!
- October 2020 – Latest addition to our retro investment portfolio:
RetroGames Limited Edition THEVIC20 – Do not miss to take a look at our retroshop to see always neat retro items that are shopped via Amazon – click here to check
- September 2020 – New addition to our retro investment portfolio:
4 x brand-new Spectravideo QuickShot VII Deluxe Joycard Controller boxed and unopened (!!!)
- August 2020 – New additions to our retro investment portfolio:
1 x Atari VCS7800 console
1 x Atari paddles controller
3 x Atari Multisystem Deluxe Joystick controller CX24 boxed
1 x Atari CX78 Joypad
3 x Brand-new Retro Remake Boxes Commodore AMIGA MODEL 500
1 x Atari Video Touch Pad Star Raiders
Lots of Original Atari 2600 games (we will provide a complete list soon)
1 x External Gotek Flash Floppy Drive for one of our Amiga 500 + Boot Selector
- July 2020 – Preparing to start with another additional project for our growing retro investment portfolio:
1 x New Game Boxes for VCS 2600 game cartridges – Brand new high quality plastic boxes in original size dimensions 14 cm x 21 cm ! To be on sale soon!
- June 2020 Pt. 2 – Sometimes it happens just like this: We are here now with a tremendously growing retro investment portfolio:
1 x Amiga 500 Dark Rule – completely refurbished and attached with a Gotek Floppy, 512kB memory expansion and dual kickstart 1.3 and 3.1
1 x Amiga 500 Original and Sealed – it was never opened and we won’t open it
1 x Amiga 500 – preparing it to be ready to become another refurbished one, it is already attached with an 2 MB memory expansion
1 x Atari VCS2600 jr console – AV modded
2 x Atari VCS2600 jr consoles
Lots of Original Game cartridges, Books and Hardware – Stay tune!
- June 2020 Pt. 1 – Oh my … we received the additional Amiga 500 and guess what! We cannot open it … because it is still a Virgin! Yes … it’s still sealed, the floppy disk drive works like a charm … the case and the keyboards looks really good, not even much yellowed… and we honestly do not have a heart to break the seals … we have to find out what to do now. Besides that, we stepped into ordering some more retro books since we found some real pearls (stay tune) and also try to get some old Atari VCS 2600 jr. consoles, yes … more than one!
- May 2020 – After the completion of our Amiga 500 refurbishment project: Codename “Dark Rule” we thought, it’s time to do it again. We still have one a500 motherboards that seems to have a disfunction, so we luckily made it to order another one, which we expect to arrive in June. We received a lot of emails, if we are going to sell our refurbished Dark Rule. As always, this is sure a matter of price, since we see our refurbishing projects as Retro Investments. So we probably will collect many more before a price will hit our expectations. With our refurbishing projects we also invest into the retro community, since we place often our orders at existing shops and use valuable members of the community, who provide services to refurbish stuff or even produce new hardware. These people have to be supported!
- Apr 2020 Pt. 2 – We made it … our Amiga 500 refurbishment project: Codename “Dark Rule” is nearly ready. Click here to watch a few images of our “Amiga 500 Dark Rule”. It took some add-on investments to reach the goal. When we bought the Amiga 500 from a co-worker, it came without internal floppy. We sent the case and keyboard in to Norths Colorcase Project to do a complete makeover of both with given color values, we ordered a We started our refurbishment project in January 2020 by buying a used Amiga 500 which we completely refurbished by adding hardware add-ons, case modding, keyboard pimping, … at first glance, these projects were more expensive than expected. We basically could have got the hardware itself for a dime, but all the add-on’s and hardware replacements did cost a fortune. Check the timeline of the progress of all our ongoing old-school projectsbrandnew black power supply unit. The mainboard seems to have a problem, we luckily found a good replacement and bought it. We also found an internal floppydrive , that met our quality expectations, we did completely clean it, ordered a Gotek Flash Floppy incl. Boot Selector, Kickstart selector and a brandnew Kickstart 3.1. Now we can choose between KS 1.3 and 3.1. Additional orders were a SCART to HDMI adapter, DiagROM, Floppy Disks, Cleaning Floppy Disk, brandnew HDMI TV, Floppy Table, … just to mention a few.
- Apr 2020 Pt. 1 – the coronavirus pandemic is still having a global lockdown effect, but at least we received the amiga 500 mainboard we bought via ebay. We just need to find a time slot now within the next few days so we are able to visit our office in cologne. We will keep you updated. We ordered a 2 meg memory expansion via eBay Vesalia.de … we will use that on another Amiga 500 later. The DiagROM 1.2 also has arrived, so might get a chance to find out wthat’s wrong with the original a500 mainboard.
- Mar 2020 – we finally received the Amiga case and the keyboard – completely re-colored. We will show you images soon, once we are allowed to get back into our office (we aren’t allowed at current time due the circumstances caused by the pandemic). The mainboard seems to have a defect, for that reason we ordered another amiga 500 mainboard plus a DiagROM 1.2 to hopefully find out what the source for the problem is.
- Feb 2020 – Shopping Spree: Internal 3.5″ Floppy Drive, Cleaning Utilities, Shipping of keyboard and case to Modder Specialist to paint and pimp both, Order of Gotek flash floppy drive incl. Boot Selector as well several small stuff (new cables, new labels, …)
- Jan 2020 – Purchase of used Amiga 500with Kickstart 1.3, a 512kB memory card, an original Amiga mouse and original power supply (missing internal Floppy Drive).
- Dec 2019 – Purchase of THEC64 Maxi
- May 2018 – Participation Indiegogo Campaign for the Ataribox (name update: Atari VCS – the Atari VCS 2600 console was for some of us at the sillc assembly our very first computer console !)
We backed the project in May 2018 and now the product got finally arrived. Atari is back ! Fasten your seat-belts ! The new Atari VCS … better than we have dreamed of !
Timeline Oldschool New Game Boxes Project “Retro Game Boxes VCS”
We prepare to launch the release of new high quality boxes for Atari VCS game cartridges – to be on sale soon.
Timeline Oldschool Refurbishment Project “Amiga 500 – Complete MakeOver” – Codename Dark Rule
We started our refurbishment project in January 2020 by buying a used Amiga 500 which we completely refurbished by adding hardware add-ons, case modding, keyboard pimping, … at first glance, these projects were more expensive than expected. We basically could have got the hardware itself for a dime, but all the add-on’s and hardware replacements did cost a fortune. Check the timeline of the progress of all our ongoing old-school projects.
THEC64 MAXI – The C64 is back ! Timeline:
In December 2019 we managed to buy THEC64 Maxi at a local Media-Markt mall in cologne, manufactured by Retro Games Ltd.. Here’s what they say about it:
The C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer fan. Featuring three switchable modes – C64, VIC 20, and Games Carousel.
Connect to any modern TV via HDMI for crisp 720p HD visuals, at 60 Hz or 50 Hz. An updated joystick, now featuring micro switches, companions the hardware making the included games even more fun than ever.
The Games Carousel has 64 pre-installed games including classics such as California Games, Paradroid and Boulder Dash, with new additions like Attack of the Mutant Camels, Hover Bovver, Iridis Alpha, and Gridrunner.
Topped off with the recently released shoot ’em up Galencia and text adventure Planet of Death to let you relive the glory days of true keyboard gaming! Plus, THEC64® allows you to load and save your own files and games via USB stick (including multi-disk titles) and program in C64 or VIC 20 BASIC.
It is a great product, it comes very close to the original, it is incredible. It totally builds up the retrospective atmosphere, you can feel the eighties. And what you really won’t miss is the slow loading times for games, as THEC64 Maxi loads the programs very quickly. Loading times on the THEC64 Maxi are between 4 and 10 seconds.
We bought this product to support this great idea and its amazing product result. Fantastic ! Besides that, THEC64 Maxi can also simulate the VIC-20 (and this was my very first home computer!) Sooooo amazing.